Alcotec 23% Turbo Yeast is the most extreme in the Alcotec range when it comes to high alcohol. It requires some technical skill to use, you can only use Dextrose (not normal sugar) and you really need to monitor temperatures so it is not for the faint hearted. Comes in a 400g pack for 25L
Warning: Last items in stock!
No reward points for this product.
Set Alcotec 23% contents:
1. Mix hot and cold water to a liquid temperature of 40 °C in a sterilized fermenter (capable of holding minimum 27 litres). Adjust volume to exactly 18 litres.
2. Add 10.5 kgs of Brewing Sugar (Dextrose Mononydrate) and mix well until liquid is completely clear. Do not use any other sugars.
3. Add contents of all three sachets (yeast, nutrient and activated carbon) to the liquid. NOTE: shake the carbon sachet before opening to make sure there are no lumps, especially near the edges of the sachet.
4. After 3 hours - gently stir in the foam/froth (prevents foaming over later). Fermentation: 7 days
5. Leave to ferment at room temperature (18 °C - 24 °C) for 7 days (until no more activity - can take 1-2 extra days if cool temp). NOTE: If ambient temperature is above 24 °C your fermentation will stick prematurely. NOTE: Always consider the risk of leaks, frothing etc when choosing where to put fermenter. Clearing: 2 days
6. Add a good fining agent (Alcotec Turbo Klar or similar) and leave to clear for 2 days (the wash does not have to be completely clear for distilling) or longer if you plan to use it without distilling. NOTE: It is important to use turbo clear, otherwise unwanted substances absorbed during fermentation will be released again during boiling. That’s it!
7. Siphon off and your wash is ready for distilling or other use.